Bulletin for October 14, 2018
Sunday, October 14, 2018
* Song: All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name
* Greeting, Announcements, Prayer
* Songs: Same Power, Cornerstone, Great is Thy Faithfulness
* Message: Stuart Krause
Songs Used by Permission - CCLI License #356753
1. Established by God
2. Our responsibilities
3. Servant leadership
What’s Happening at CVBC
· A traditional Thanksgiving Dinner for seniors (55+) will be on Thursday, November 15 at 11:30am in CVBC’s Fellowship Hall. Please sign up at the Ministry Table in the foyer.
· Please sign up for Jim’s Retirement Party in the foyer so we can plan for food.
· CVBC Essential Doctrines: The CVBC elders are considering a change to the church's Essential Doctrines, removing the word "premillennial" from the statement on Christ's Return. An e-mail was sent to CVBC members this past week with further details. If you would like more information about this proposed change, please plan to attend a Q&A next week Sunday, 10/21 beginning at 10:15 in room 50, or speak with any member of the elder team.
· Youth Group is Wednesday nights from 7-9pm for students grade 6-12. High School Retreat—October 27&28: Registration, Med/Perm form, and money ($35) are due this Wednesday. See blue brochures near Alan’s office.
· This Tuesday, October 16, is Ruby’s Pantry!
CVBC hosts Ruby’s Pantry every third Tuesday of the month. Doors open at 3:30. Distribution is 4:30-6pm. We will need volunteers from 1:30pm until everything is cleaned up. To volunteer, sign up in the foyer or contact Stephanie Krizan at 715.559.3928 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Christmas for Missions continues through November 4. This opportunity to show our supported missionaries a bit of love for the Christmas season is for everyone. You can sign the cards in the foyer, even if you don’t know the missionaries, and you’re welcome to donate money for a love offering—just note “Missionaries” on your check or envelope and place in the offering box.
· We’re sponsoring a Baby Supplies Drive for Apple Pregnancy Care Center during October. Items needed : Diapers/wipes, formula, and clothing up to size 4T. Look for the container in the hallway outside the nursery window.
· Interested in getting to know other people at CVBC? We’re planning to have Fellowship Dinners in homes (or at CVBC) through early November. Sign up sheets are in the foyer. If you’d like to be a host, please contact the office.
· Watch for more information in upcoming weeks about Praying for the Church. We’ll feature CVBC families to pray for in our weekly bulletins.
· Monthly college connection group/study for college-aged young adults is being hosted by Caleb & Allie Burch. Text Allie @ 715-533-0854 for details.
· The CVBC Fellowship Fund is a great way to give and be involved in caring for our brothers & sisters within the church family and the community. Write “Fellowship Fund” on your check’s memo line or on the envelope; donations will go to help families and individuals in need.
· Financial Update: The 2018/2019 fiscal budget: $487,115 ($40,592.92 monthly)
Giving for September: $51,664.55 (vs. $40,592.92=127.3%)
Fellowship Fund Information for September 2018:
Donations: $845, Account balance: $2698.70
$345.54 was spent to assist CVBC and community families
Back of Bulletin:
Ruby’s Pantry information
We invite you to join us in prayer for Ruby’s Pantry.
Volunteer Opportunities at APPLE Pregnancy Care Center
APPLE stands for “Aiding Problem Pregnancies with Love and Encouragement.” Our mission statement says, “APPLE is a support ministry to restore, equip and empower women and men to make life-affirming choices.” The volunteer opportunities are listed in order of least to most commitment and involvement.
1. Donate! All of the items available to our clients are donated to us. A list of items that can be donated is on the back of this sheet.
2. Walk for Life - Held each September; join us for a walk along the Chippewa River to show your support. This is our annual fundraiser.
3. Baby Bottle Boomerang. Baby bottles are sent to area churches/organizations for monetary donations. When they are returned, they need to be counted and have receipts put into them.
4. Mailings. Bulk mailings are sent a few times a year. Help is needed to fold, stuff and address envelopes.
5. Work in the Resource Room. Help sort, fold and put away donated items.
6. Office cleaning. Dusting, vacuuming and general cleaning of the office counseling rooms.
7. Client Advocate/Office Volunteer. This involves working directly with clients. In-depth training is required.
Please contact Rachel Binczak, Volunteer Coordinator, at 715-834-5254 for more information!
CVBC Leaders & Staff
Dave Bishop* 715-726-1887 email@example.com
Dave Daniels 715-830-1403 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Dunham 715-937-4662 email@example.com
Matt Jewell 715-254-5290 firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuart Krause 715-933-1422 email@example.com
Wayne Street 715-456-9882 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brent Tilton 715-828-9552 email@example.com
Jim Woldhuis 715-271-1339 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elder Candidate: Steve Hein
Joe Cherrier 715-720-7718 email@example.com
Mark Hedrington 715-214-3840 firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry Huppert* 715-577-4846 email@example.com
Heather Clutter Children’s Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Dunham* Student Ministry Director email@example.com
Jodi Jewell Music Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Johnson Custodian 920-851-6804 text
Libby Krause Secretary email@example.com
Chris Kriehn Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Woldhuis Graphics Specialist email@example.com
Jim Woldhuis Preaching Elder firstname.lastname@example.org
* on sabbatical
To subscribe to CVBC email groups: