Bulletin for February 24, 2019
Sunday, February 24, 2019
* Song: My Lighthouse
* Greeting, Announcements, Prayer
* Songs: Before the Throne of God Above, The Way, Build My Life
* Message: Troy Solava
Songs Used by Permission - CCLI License #356753
True Christian Maturity
Main Idea: True Christian ____________ comes through our hearts’ submission to
________ and our denial of _____________ spirituality.
What does Christian maturity look like?
1. _________________ in Christ
2. _____________________ to God’s people
3. Growth through God’s __________________ means
What’s Happening at CVBC
· Today we’re excited to recognize the following people as they have joined the CVBC Family through membership: Lynn Geissler, Ann Grandish, Roxann Landry, Sarah Rowan, Jim & Staci Russell, Tim & Ruth Schneider, Joe & Nicole Sime, Paul & Cathy Soden, Jerry Solfest, Mark & Joy Stariha, Jayne Sweet, Shannan & Allana Theesen, Mark & Molly Wathke, Ken Williams.
· SAVE the DATE! The CVBC Dinner Theater will be March 29-30. More help is wanted in a few areas including acting roles! Contact “Flo” (a.k.a. Brenda S.) if you’re interested: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Weekly prayer for CVBC families: Please join the elders in praying this week for the following people: Steve & Shelley Hein, Tom & Phyllis Henkelmann, Steve & Jill Herriges. If you would like to be included in the prayer schedule, you can indicate so on the tear-off card and include name and email or phone.
· We will have an opening for the CVBC Children’s Ministry Director later this spring. If you’re interested or know of someone who is, please pick up a job description and an application in the church office. We will be taking applications through the end of February.
· Tickets are available online for the Desirable Beauty “Be Not Afraid” event (March 1 & 2) for women and teen girls. Visit biblediggers.org.
· Christ-Centered Recovery meets 3x weekly: Tuesdays at 1:00pm, Thursdays at 7:00pm, and Saturdays at 8:00am. We use the Life Recovery Bible 12-Step Program. Anyone is welcome! Contact Jerry at email@example.com or (715) 379-0200.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Small Group discussion questions:
1. What stood out to you from the passage or the sermon?
2. Describe some of the false teaching that Paul addressed in our passage. What was wrong with this teaching?
3. How should we measure true growth or maturity in Christ according to Scripture? Where are we tempted to look for growth outside of these biblical means?
Back of Bulletin Missionary Highlight:
Mike & Ginger Zenk
(Children: Finnegan, Polly, Rosie)
Hudson, WI 54601
Campus Crusade for Christ (Cru): Middle East*
*With the lack of true religious freedom, the specific location remains undisclosed in print.
Many of the nations of the world with the smallest percentage of Followers of Jesus reside in the Middle East and Central Asia. In the ten countries in which the Zenk’s minister, nine are represented on World Watch's list of 50 nations in which faith communities are most persecuted. The country in which we live is considered by Operation World the Largest Unreached Nation in the World.
What will turn the tide in these nations? We're convinced there are two main levers:
(1) Prayer: It always comes down to an act of God to turn the hearts and minds of (first) individuals and (then) nations.
(2) Leaders: Men and women who will step into the gap in difficult circumstances, willing to lead courageously and care tenderly for their people.
Our role is to engage in both fronts - pray for God to move mightily in these ten countries of our Middle Eastern and Central Asian Area and to raise up leaders to take the Gospel forward into new communities.
1. We need our relationships with the Lord to be intimate and sustaining. It's difficult to make time and space in a life full of little ones.
2. Please pray for God to soften the hearts and minds of the lost in this part of the world and for His raising up leaders to take the Gospel forward.
3. Please pray for our kids as they grow in a world very different than the one Ginger and I grew up in. Pray for hearts of faith, tenacity, and courage.
Anniversary – Dec 12, 2003
Birthdays – Mike – June 8
Ginger – July 15 Polly – January 3, 2007
Finnegan – June 14, 2005 Rosie - November 13, 2009
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
CVBC Leaders & Staff
Dave Daniels 715-830-1403 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Dunham 715-864-4406 email@example.com
Steve Hein* 715-802-6243 firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Jewell 715-254-5290 email@example.com
Stuart Krause 715-933-1422 firstname.lastname@example.org
Troy Solava* 615-347-9368 email@example.com
Wayne Street 715-456-8992 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brent Tilton 715-828-9552 email@example.com
Joe Cherrier 715-720-7718 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Hedrington 715-214-3840 email@example.com
Terry Huppert 715-577-4846 firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Clutter Children’s Ministry Director email@example.com
Alan Dunham Student Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Jodi Jewell Music Director email@example.com
Mary Jorstad Custodian firstname.lastname@example.org
Libby Krause Secretary email@example.com
Chris Kriehn Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Troy Solava Teaching Elder email@example.com
Heather Woldhuis Graphics Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org