Bulletins for Friday, April 19, and Sunday, April 21, 2019
Good Friday Service, April 19, 2019
* Songs: Jesus Paid it All, The Old Rugged Cross, What Love is This, The Power of the Cross, Scandal of Grace, Your Glory, Nothing But the Blood
* Message: Alan Dunham
* Songs: On My Heart (Written), Jesus Paid it All
Songs Used by Permission - CCLI License #356753
The Crucified King
Jesus is King
Jesus laid down His life
Jesus canceled our debt
What is so good about Good Friday?
Isaiah 53 English Standard Version (ESV)
53 Who has believed what he has heard from us?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 For he grew up before him like a young plant,
and like a root out of dry ground;
he had no form or majesty that we should look at him,
and no beauty that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
9 And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied;
by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant,
make many to be accounted righteous,
and he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many,
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong,
because he poured out his soul to death
and was numbered with the transgressors;
yet he bore the sin of many,
and makes intercession for the transgressors.
Sunday, April 21, 2019
* Songs: His Heart Beats, Crown Him with Many Crowns, Death Was Arrested
* Greeting, Announcements, Prayer
* Songs: Behold Your King, Living Hope
* Message: Troy Solava
* Song: Only King Forever
Songs Used by Permission - CCLI License #356753
What’s Happening at CVBC
· Join us for the final 4 weeks of Kids BLAST: Wednesday evenings (5:30pm check-in) for kids ages 4 yrs.—5th grade.
· Youth Group meets Wednesday nights from 7-9pm and is for students in 6th through 12th grades. Invite a friend!
· CVBC Men's retreat 2019: Sheep to Shepherd: Come join us at Arrowhead Bible Camp May 10-11 for the CVBC men's retreat. Good fellowship, good food, good fun, and teaching from Troy, Alan, and Matt. Together we'll learn about how to better embrace the leadership roles that God has given us in our lives, and talk together about how that leads to spiritual growth both for us and for those around us. Visit the table in the lobby for more details and to register!
· The Annual CVBC Thrift Sale is coming up on May 3 & 4. Donations are welcome during the week and on Sunday mornings. Help is needed Sunday, April 28-Thursday, May 2 with set up, and Friday & Saturday during the sale. If you’d like to help contact Steph Krizan. All proceeds go to the Guatemala and Mpls. youth missions trips. See fliers at the Ministry Table in the foyer and office for more information.
· Christ-Centered Recovery meets 3x weekly: Tuesdays:1pm, Thursdays:7pm, and Saturdays at 8am. We use the Life Recovery Bible 12-Step Program. Anyone is welcome! Contact Jerry at email@example.com or (715) 379-0200.
The Resurrected King
Main Idea: Because King Jesus rose from death to life, all ____________ are being made ____________.
1. Grief to __________ (11-18)
2. Fear to _____________ (19-23)
3. Doubt to _______________ (24-28)
4. Death to __________ (30-31)
Small Group Questions:
1. What is something that stood out to you from the passage or sermon?
2. Why did Jesus have to resurrect for us to be saved from sin?
3. How does the resurrection of Jesus impact our daily lives now?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
CVBC Leaders & Staff
Dave Daniels 715-830-1403 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Dunham 715-864-4406 email@example.com
Steve Hein* 715-802-6243 firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Jewell 715-254-5290 email@example.com
Stuart Krause 715-933-1422 firstname.lastname@example.org
Troy Solava* 615-347-9368 email@example.com
Wayne Street 715-456-8992 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brent Tilton 715-828-9552 email@example.com
Joe Cherrier 715-720-7718 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Hedrington 715-214-3840 email@example.com
Terry Huppert 715-577-4846 firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Clutter Children’s Ministry Director email@example.com
Alan Dunham Student Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Jodi Jewell Music Director email@example.com
Mary Jorstad Custodian firstname.lastname@example.org
Libby Krause Secretary email@example.com
Chris Kriehn Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Troy Solava Teaching Elder email@example.com
Heather Woldhuis Graphics Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org