Bulletins for Sunday, June 16, 2019
Sunday, June 16, 2019
* Song: Blessed Be Your Name
* Greeting, Announcements, Prayer
* Songs: It Is Well With My Soul, Tremble, Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)
* Message: Troy Solava
* Song: Redeemed
Songs Used by Permission - CCLI License #356753
What’s Happening at CVBC
· Weekly prayer for CVBC families: Please join the elders in praying this week for the following people: Terry & Sue Kay Moulton, Matt & Kari Murray: Pray that Matt would continue to hear and be obedient to God's leading in all areas of his life. Kari requests prayer for her family to draw nearer to God as a whole, not just as individuals, and that we would be a light in the darkness to those around us no matter where we are. If you would like to be included in the prayer schedule, you can indicate so on the tear-off card.
· Pray for the Guatemala Team. Please lift in prayer the ten students and two adults that are on the mission trip right now (scheduled to return June 27).
· We have a Family Room (60A&B) available at both services. Parents with young children can enjoy worship via live stream. The room has a large-screen monitor plus crayons, books, & toys so kids can have a little more space & freedom while you continue to worship.
· Next Blood Drive is July 12, 9am to 3pm. Contact Mark Hedrington for volunteering (email@example.com).
· Ladies Retreat: Mark your calendars for September 13-15 and plan to join us at Oak Forest Retreat Center in Frederic, WI. This year’s theme is “Daughters of the King.” Brochures are available in the foyer!
· Christ-Centered Recovery meets 3x weekly: Tuesdays-1pm, Thursdays-7pm, and Saturdays-8am. We use the Life Recovery Bible 12-Step Program. Anyone is welcome! Contact Jerry at firstname.lastname@example.org or (715) 379-0200.
How Long, O Lord?
Main Idea: Do you feel __________________ by the Lord? _________ out to Him in your pain and _________ to His Character.
4 Steps to Lament:
1. _________: Approach God in your pain. (v. 1)
2. _______________: Honestly express your pain to God. (vv.1-2)
3. ________: Call on God to act in accordance with His Character toward the pain. (vv.3-4)
4. ___________: Continue to believe in God’s goodness and walk in obedience despite the pain. (vv.5-6)
Small Group Questions:
1. What is something that stood out to you from the passage or the sermon?
2. What is lament and what is its purpose? Have you lamented to God before? If you haven’t, why do you think that is?
3. What attributes of God’s character should you cling to in times of pain? How can you help fellow Christians cling to God when they are in pain?
* * * * * * * * *
Back of Bulletin Ministry Highlight:
CVBC Tech Team
We need help behind the scenes, and especially on Sunday mornings! The Tech Team takes care of church areas dealing with technology. These include Sunday morning media needs, like sound, lyrics projection, and video/live-streaming, as well as other IT needs, like computers, website, and social media.
If you have a passion for technology or media and would like to be a part of this ministry, we can use your help! We have opportunities for all levels of expertise, from simply pressing the space bar, to running the video camera or sound board, to trouble-shooting computer issues. Experience is helpful, but not necessary. Training will be provided. Contact Jodi Jewell at email@example.com to get plugged in.
Media Technicians help with projecting slides on the screen Sunday mornings. The time commitment is approx. 1 Sunday morning every 2 months.
IT Technicians help with our technology needs outside of Sunday mornings.
Communications Technicians help with website maintenance and social media.
Sound technicians help run the sound board during Sunday morning services and Thursday evening rehearsals. This person handles the sound for the band, singers, and anyone who speaks, and records the message for online and CD use. Sound technicians are also needed for special services and events, such as weddings and funerals.
The video technicians run the camera for live-streaming. As with all technology positions, volunteers will be on a rotational schedule.
Specific ministry contacts:
Sound: Jodi Jewell— firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphics Specialist: Micah Wolfe (interim)
Information Technology: Ric Johnson
Media: Derek Schmidt
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
CVBC Leaders & Staff
Dave Daniels 715-830-1403 email@example.com
Alan Dunham 715-864-4406 firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Hein 715-802-6243 email@example.com
Matt Jewell 715-254-5290 firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuart Krause 715-933-1422 email@example.com
Troy Solava* 615-347-9368 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wayne Street 715-456-8992 email@example.com
Brent Tilton 715-828-9552 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Cherrier 715-720-7718 email@example.com Steve Cook* 715-559-2665 firstname.lastname@example.org Mark Hedrington 715-214-3840 email@example.com Terry Huppert 715-577-4846 firstname.lastname@example.org James Kirchen* 715-828-7555 email@example.com Tim Schneider* 715-456-0340 firstname.lastname@example.org * candidate
Heather Clutter Children’s Ministry Director email@example.com
Alan Dunham Student Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Jodi Jewell Music Director email@example.com
Mary Jorstad Custodian firstname.lastname@example.org
Libby Krause Secretary email@example.com
Chris Kriehn Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Troy Solava Teaching Elder email@example.com
Micah Wolfe Interim Graphics Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org