Bulletin for June 17, 2018
Sunday, June 17, 2018
* Song: Mighty To Save
* Greeting, Announcements, Prayer
* Songs: Come As You Are, Jesus Paid it All, How Deep the Father’s Love for Us
* Message: Jim Woldhuis
Songs Used by Permission - CCLI License #356753
The Fall—Then & Now
Genesis 3:1-7, Romans 5:12, James 1:13-15
The Path of Sin
Lessons for Today
What’s Happening at CVBC
· Youth Group will be held at Lake Wissota this Wednesday, June 20, from 6-9pm. All students going into 6th grade through high school are welcome for boating & baptisms. Meet there at 6 or at CVBC (5:30) if you need a ride. Parents: please fill out the blue permission card and a new 2018-19 medical permission sheet (effective June—May). Both of these forms, along with the summer events calendars, are located near Alan’s office in the wall display.
· The next Red Cross Blood Drive will be Monday, July 2, from 9am –3pm at CVBC. To schedule an appointment to donate blood, call 1-800-733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org and enter Chippewa Valley Bible Church. To volunteer, please contact Mark Hedrington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Mark your calendars for Church@theFair, Sunday, July 15 at 10:30am. We will hold a community-wide worship service at the fairgrounds that day. Music is provided by 513Free, and our guest speaker Ron Backes (a retired Olympic shot putter) will deliver a gospel-focused message. All are welcome. After church you can stay at the fair free of charge! Reminder: There will be no worship services held at CVBC July 15.
· The Family Room (Room 60 in the education wing) is available for use this summer. If needed, families with young children are encouraged to utilize this room— you can enjoy the worship service via live streaming!
· Christ-Centered Recovery meets 3x weekly: Tuesdays at 1:00pm, Thursdays at 7:00pm, and Saturdays at 8:00am. We use the Life Recovery Bible 12-Step Program. Anyone is welcome! Contact Peter at email@example.com or 715-338-6922.
Back of Bulletin:
Pray for our Elders!
We invite you to join us in prayer for our Elder Team as they prayerfully seek God’s direction and wisdom for CVBC.
Steve Hein (elder candidate) Dave Bishop Dave Daniels
Alan Dunham Matt Jewell Stuart Krause
Wayne Street Brent Tilton Jim Woldhuis
Teaching Elder update
Over the last several weeks we have hosted two men, Troy Solava and Darrell Morgen, as candidates for the teaching elder position at CVBC. Both proved to be mature Christian men and capable teachers, but after prayer and discussion the elders have unanimously decided to invite Troy Solava and his wife, Lindsay, back to CVBC to meet the congregation and to continue discussing with them the possibility of serving as our next teaching elder. Originally from the Chicago area, Troy has a B.A. from Moody Bible Institute, served as Director of Student Ministry at First Evangelical Free Church in Rockford, IL, and is currently completing his Masters of Divinity at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY, where he works as an intern to Albert Mohler.
Troy is a young man who is deeply thoughtful about the Scriptures, is a gifted preacher, is a warm encourager of people, and has a marked humility in his interaction with others. We believe Troy will integrate well into our elder team and that he has the vision to help us in our responsibility as elders to guard, shepherd, encourage, and prepare you, our CVBC church family, for the work of the ministry.
Due to an upcoming missions trip that Troy and Lindsay are participating in, it works best to host them for a second visit next weekend, June 23-24. That’s coming up quickly, so we don’t have a complete schedule finalized at the time this bulletin went to print, but please watch for a CVBC-ALL e-mail early this coming week that will describe some opportunities for you to meet Troy and Lindsay during next weekend. If you don’t receive the CVBC-ALL e-mails, contact the church office.
We have decided not to ask Troy to preach a sermon at CVBC on short notice, but we will instead include here (and in the e-mail) links to sermons he gave during his time in Rockford.
#1 (Matt. 16:13-20) https://subspla.sh/9n6x5mf
#2 (Philippians 4:10-20) https://subspla.sh/da731e6
We will have Troy and Lindsay introduce themselves during our Sunday service on June 24, and we will set up one or more times outside the service for you to meet them and ask questions. We covet your continued prayers and invite you to approach any CVBC elder (see the back cover of the bulletin this week) with questions or feedback you have on the transition process, or regarding Troy in particular.
Sincerely, CVBC Elder Team
CVBC Leaders & Staff
Dave Bishop* 715-726-1887 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Daniels 715-830-1403 email@example.com
Alan Dunham 715-937-4662 firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Jewell 715-254-5290 email@example.com
Stuart Krause 715-933-1422 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wayne Street 715-456-9882 email@example.com
Brent Tilton 715-828-9552 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Woldhuis 715-271-1339 email@example.com
* on sabbatical
Joe Cherrier 715-720-7718 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Hedrington 715-214-3840 email@example.com
Heather Clutter Children’s Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Dunham Student Ministry Director email@example.com
Jodi Jewell Music Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Johnson Custodian 920-851-6804
Libby Krause Secretary email@example.com
Chris Kriehn Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Woldhuis Graphics Specialist email@example.com
Jim Woldhuis Preaching Elder firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe to CVBC email groups: