Bulletin for Sunday, May 28, 2017
Sunday, May 28, 2017
* Song: My Lighthouse
* Greeting, Announcements, Prayer
* Songs: Great is Thy Faithfulness, What a Beautiful Name, Cornerstone
* Message: Jim Woldhuis
Songs Used by Permission - CCLI License #356753
Courageous Faith Series
#2 Building a Confident Faith
Hebrews 10: 32-39
What’s Happening at CVBC
· Today is Compassion Sunday! If you’d like to learn more about sponsoring a child through Compassion International, see Rich & Penny Lien after the service today or visit the website at compassion.com.
· Photo Directory sittings are being scheduled for June 5/6 & 12/13 from 2-9pm. Photography sessions are free; one 8x10 per family is included; every family photographed receives a complimentary directory. Pets can be included in photo. Bring non-perishable food items to your sitting and receive a coupon for $5 off your portrait order! You can schedule your session today in the foyer, or online (cvbc.net - click on the dark blue Photo Directory flash ad). When signing up on the sheet PLEASE add contact information.
· Jim Woldhuis is starting to plan for retirement in the next 18-24 months. The elders have begun praying about this leadership transition and would welcome the entire CVBC Body to join us in prayer Sunday, June 4, at 7:00pm in the CVBC sanctuary.
· KidZone Summer plans: Our Family Room is in rm. 60. Parents can enjoy live-streaming and allow children to get the wiggles out! Mini-messages for children begin June 4 during both worship services in the sanctuary. We have kids’ bulletins and activity/coloring sheets at the KidZone Station.
· VBS is August 6-10 from 6:00-8:00pm (Sunday–Thursday) and is for kids entering K-5th grade. Mark your calendars! More details coming soon.
· A “Growing in Christ” Bible study will be held at CVBC Mondays at 7pm. This is a great introduction to the basics of Christian faith and how to read/study/learn God’s Word. It begins JUNE 5. Sign up in the foyer.
· We are promoting a CVBC Family 10-day tour of Israel for next spring (confirmed dates: April 17-26). Some of the sites we will visit are Caesaria, Megiddo, Nazareth, the Jordan River, the Dead Sea, Masada, Jerusalem, the Holocaust Museum, Mount of Olives, and Gethsemane. Planning begins now! If interested, contact Jim W. at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is room for 40 people to go.
· Christ-Centered Recovery meets on Thursday nights at 7:00 and Saturday mornings at 7:00. We use the Life Recovery Bible 12-Step Program. Anyone is welcome to join us! Contact email@example.com.
“Because people love coffee, and it’s a way to greet and have people feel welcome with the love of Jesus in a cup.” - Mary Jorstad
“It’s a hug in a mug.” - Chris Kriehn
This ministry is open to anyone who likes coffee or wants to serve in a unique way at CVBC.
Set up: anytime between Saturday afternoon and 7:30am on Sunday morning. Set up includes prepping the 3 coffee pots in the kitchen and setting them out along with the condiments which are located in the Gathering Grounds cabinet.
Clean up: after 2nd service. This includes rinsing out the pots & putting the condiments away.
Mary will keep things stocked. Volunteers can sign up to help out as much or as little as you want. More volunteers will mean fewer times per rotation schedule!
To join the Coffee Corner Team, or for more information, contact Mary Jorstad at 715-933-1871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVBC Leaders & Staff
Tom Arneberg 715-726-1728 email@example.com
Dave Bishop 715-726-1887 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Daniels 715-830-1403 email@example.com
Alan Dunham 715-937-4662 firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Jewell 715-254-5290 email@example.com
Stuart Krause 715-933-1422 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brent Tilton 715-828-9552 email@example.com
Jim Woldhuis 715-271-1339 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Cherrier 715-720-7718 email@example.com
Mark Hedrington 715-214-3840 firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry Huppert 715-577-4846 email@example.com
Heather Clutter Children’s Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Dunham Student Ministry Director email@example.com
Jodi Jewell Music Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Johnson Custodian 920-851-6804
Libby Krause Secretary email@example.com
Chris Kriehn Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Solberg Media Director email@example.com
Jim Woldhuis Preaching Elder firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe to CVBC email groups: