Bulletins for Sunday, May 26, 2019
Sunday, May 26, 2019
* Song: Lion of Judah
* Greeting, Announcements, Prayer
* Songs: Forever Reign, Hallelujah Here Below, Behold Your King
* Message: Troy Solava
Songs Used by Permission - CCLI License #356753
What’s Happening at CVBC
· Starting this morning, we have a Family Room (60A&B) available at both services. Parents with young children can enjoy worship via live stream. The room is set up with a large-screen monitor, plus crayons, books, & toys so kids can have a little more space & freedom while you continue to worship.
· A "Stop The Bleed" training will be offered at CVBC on June 2nd during second service in room 50, and will be led by Wayne Street. The purpose of this training is to teach the general public how to recognize and stop life-threatening bleeding while waiting for EMS to arrive. The intended audience is elders, deacons, ushers, ministry leaders, Boys Scouts, Sunday school teachers and anyone else who wishes to learn these very important skills. While we all hope to never be in a situation that requires this sort of intervention, preventing blood loss has been shown to be an extremely effective way to improve the survival rate for victims of trauma. Anyone age 14 and up is welcome to attend. Please sign up in the foyer.
· On Sunday, June 2nd, visiting missionaries Aaron & Deb Groff will be here at both services. All are welcome to stay for a lunch with the Groffs at noon. Please sign up for the meal in the foyer. An evangelism training, called TheFOUR, will be run by the Groffs from 12:30-2pm. Anyone can attend the training following lunch! Please sign up for training in the foyer.
· Weekly prayer for CVBC families: Please join the elders in prayer this week for Kevin & Emily Mason (for wisdom in parenting, for self-control & discernment in use of electronics/devices, to daily seek God’s will and apply Colossians 3:17), Tim & Amy Mason (pray that our family would draw closer to Him and that we would be bold in sharing our faith with others), and Rick & Tracy Metzenbauer. If you would like to be included in the prayer schedule, you can indicate so at the bottom of the tear-off card. Please include your name & email/phone.
· Attention Ladies: a new Bible study is starting Wednesday, June 12, from 9:15-11:00am. Are you worn out from life’s ought-to’s and should-do’s? In “Your Sacred Yes” Susie Larson explores more deeply how God can help you live out each day in a way that honors Him and strengthens you. Each session focuses on biblical ways to discern God’s best for you. Sign up by June 2 in the foyer.
The Sovereign King
Main Idea: Because the Lord _________ in totality and will be ____________ finally, take ___________ in Him.
1. The _______________of Man (vv.1-3)
2. The _______________ of God (vv.4-6)
3. The __________ of God (vv.7-9)
4. The __________ (vv.10-12)
Small Group Questions:
1. What stood out to you from the passage or the sermon?
2. What does the word “sovereign” mean? How does Psalm 2 describe God’s sovereignty?
3. How are you encouraged by God’s authority and sovereignty? How are you convicted or challenged by God’s authority and sovereignty?
Back of Bulletin Missionary Highlight:
Tony & Mary Poulson
707 Panama Place
Sanford, FL 32771
New Tribes Mission
Tony and Mary ministered to the Yanomami Indians on Brazil's northern border with Venezuela. The believers often came to their home for counsel and teaching. Tony also had a burden to evangelize the older generation, often going to the Indian communal houses to reach them. A lot of his time was also spent in maintenance, helping coworkers and Indians. Mary was responsible for producing literacy material. Later, here in the States, she compiled the complete lessons of Jesus’ birth, ministry, and death. These are now being used in teaching the children and in the church. Their daughter, Brenda, still works in the same village.
1. To be a witness in the Ohio area.
2. Health for the two of them.
3. For growth in the lives of the Yanomami believers so that their
family and friends will want this new life.
Birthdays: Tony – March 14, Mary – November 7
Anniversary: October 17, 1959
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
CVBC Leaders & Staff
Dave Daniels 715-830-1403 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Dunham 715-864-4406 email@example.com
Steve Hein* 715-802-6243 firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Jewell 715-254-5290 email@example.com
Stuart Krause 715-933-1422 firstname.lastname@example.org
Troy Solava* 615-347-9368 email@example.com
Wayne Street 715-456-8992 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brent Tilton 715-828-9552 email@example.com
Joe Cherrier 715-720-7718 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Hedrington 715-214-3840 email@example.com
Terry Huppert 715-577-4846 firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Clutter Children’s Ministry Director email@example.com
Alan Dunham Student Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Jodi Jewell Music Director email@example.com
Mary Jorstad Custodian firstname.lastname@example.org
Libby Krause Secretary email@example.com
Chris Kriehn Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Troy Solava Teaching Elder email@example.com
Micah Wolfe Interim Graphics Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org