Bulletin for August 19, 2018
Sunday, August 19, 2018
* Song: There is Power in the Blood
* Greeting, Announcements, Prayer
* Songs: Blessed Be Your Name, God Would You Forgive Us, You Are My King
* Message: Stuart Krause
Songs Used by Permission - CCLI License #356753
Down Sin’s Path Again
Fall of Noah
Blessings and Curses
What’s Happening at CVBC
· Ruby’s Pantry is this Tuesday. All are welcome to take part & get lots of food. First-time volunteers: Sign up in foyer, and please fill out the 2018 form.
· Ladies: Register today for the Fall Retreat, Sep. 14-16. “Come Away” with us to a quiet place to relax and recharge. Guest speaker is Emily Dunham. Brochures available in the foyer. Deadline to register is tomorrow (8/20).
· Centershot Youth Archery is starting up Sep. 8. This 8-week class will run from 10am-Noon on Saturdays and is for youth ages 10+. No experience is necessary, and no cost to join! Bows are provided. See the table in the foyer.
· Mark your calendars for our CVBC Family Meeting to be held Sunday, Sep. 9, right after 2nd service. There’ll be an informative congregational meeting to be followed by a meal. If you’d like to volunteer to help with the set up, serving, or clean up of that meal, please let the office know.
· Tuesday Morning Moms (TMM) begins with a Kick-Off Brunch on Sep. 11. Join us from 9:30-11am. All moms are welcome! Childcare is available.
· Good News Jail & Prison Ministry is holding its annual Golf Scramble on Tuesday, Sep. 11, at Wild Ridge Golf Course in Eau Claire. Sign up in the foyer or for more information contact Steve at 715-726-4566 or email him at email@example.com.
· Online pre-registration is now open for our fall children's ministries! Check out the online registration form on our website (cvbc.net) and also join the CVBC Kids Facebook group. Sunday School and Kids BLAST are open to children 4 yrs. (by Sep. 1) through 5th grade.
· Youth Group News: There is NO YOUTH GROUP for the next two weeks. Join us for the kick-off night Wednesday, Sep. 5. Medical/permission forms (needed for all students 6th—12th grades and effective through May) for the 2018-19 year are available in the wall display across from the main office.
· Ladies’ Bible Studies starting soon: Your Beautiful Purpose: Discovering and Enjoying What God Can Do Through You by Susie Larson is a 6-week study starting Wednesday, Sep. 19 at 9:15am. Leaders are Denise Keuchenmeister, Mary Lou Rudesill. Proven— Where Christ's Abundance Meets Our Great Need by Jennie Allen, is a 9-week study starting Tuesday, Sep. 11, 6:30-8pm. ed by Bev Woldhuis. Sign up for these studies in the foyer.
· Your CVBC mailbox number may have changed. The numbers now START at #61. Check out the directory on the side of the wooden unit for assistance.
· Christ-Centered Recovery meets 3x weekly: Tuesdays at 1:00pm, Thursdays at 7:00pm, and Saturdays at 8:00am. We use the Life Recovery Bible 12-Step Program. Anyone is welcome! Contact Jerry at firstname.lastname@example.org or (715) 379-0200.
Back of Bulletin:
Edgar & Clementina Buenaventura
Calle 35A No. 19D-19
Urbanizacion El Paraiso
Villavicencio, Meta, Colombia, SA
Affiliated with Christian & Missionary Alliance
Colombia, South America
Edgar and Clementina are Bible translators and leaders of the Achagua language project in the Eastern plains of Colombia, South America. Much of the language learning and linguistic analysis of the Achagua language is completed. The Buenaventuras are currently involved in Scripture distribution using battery- and solar-powered digital amplifiers with the pre-recorded gospel message; producing an arithmetic book; working on vocabulary for an Achagua dictionary; and strengthening the growing Achagua church of some 400 members.
1. Safety and protection in travel to distribute Scripture and solar-powered amplifiers in the Achagua communities and some of the remotest areas of Colombia’s Amazon jungle.
2. That new believers will have a growing interest in reading the Scriptures in the indigenous villages that the Buenaventuras visit.
3. For the holding of needed workshops: New Believers; Reading & Writing in Achagua; Church Leadership.
4. Continued growth of the Achagua church and maturing of Achagua believers.
5. Improved finances for personal and ministry needs, and health (Clementina: eyes, and other medical conditions; Edgar: kidneys, and skeletal/muscular problems).
Anniversary: February 20, 1976
Edgar – October 4
Clementina – February 28
CVBC Leaders & Staff
Dave Bishop* 715-726-1887 email@example.com
Dave Daniels 715-830-1403 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Dunham* 715-937-4662 email@example.com
Matt Jewell 715-254-5290 firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuart Krause 715-933-1422 email@example.com
Wayne Street 715-456-9882 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brent Tilton 715-828-9552 email@example.com
Jim Woldhuis 715-271-1339 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elder Candidate: Steve Hein
Joe Cherrier 715-720-7718 email@example.com
Mark Hedrington 715-214-3840 firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry Huppert* 715-577-4846 email@example.com
Heather Clutter Children’s Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Dunham* Student Ministry Director email@example.com
Jodi Jewell Music Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Johnson Custodian 920-851-6804 text
Libby Krause Secretary email@example.com
Chris Kriehn Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Woldhuis Graphics Specialist email@example.com
Jim Woldhuis Preaching Elder firstname.lastname@example.org
* on sabbatical
To subscribe to CVBC email groups: